Monday, July 14, 2008

Like Father Like.....

I cannot begin to recount the last 24 hours. It's something out of a horror flick, and each moment I'm praying it's all a nightmare and I'm about to wake up. Hasn't happened yet. Today is also dear hubby's birthday. I attempted to be funny this morning and said to him, "Happy birthday Lovie. Of all my husbands YOU are my favorite!" I got a half smile out of him for that. Middle bebe baked daddy a cake. She was so proud of herself and it came out quite nicely too. I did remember to get his birthday presents a couple weeks ago, but forgot to get wrapping paper. So his presents were pleasantly femininely wrapped in yellow girlie flower paper. But to top things off HE then comes strutting down the hallway nekid as a jaybird. Crap... he really has lost his mind "What are you doing?" Now we get the full smile from him and he says, "It's my birthday, thought I'd put on my birthday suit." Ya know, they say you'll marry someone like your father. Who knew the trait they'd have most in common was this?

1 comment:

Rosalyn said...

I love, love, love your blog. Where you THINK you lack fun photos or whatever, you create a great read. Thank you so much for allowing me a glimpse into your heart. You are awesome Meg. You are a beautiful, wonderful woman of God that brings honor to her husband and children and parents too. I just love you. You've isnpired me to be more thoughtful in my writing as well. I love you little cousin. Beach day again soon? Maybe the end of July. Please give James a hug and KISSS your delicious girls. Talk to you soon.