Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Today

I'm filling my head with my favorite music right now: NeedToBreathe and trying to process today's events in a calm, thoughtful manner. Music takes me to a better place.

There's BIG news today in this small little spot in the world. Icky. I don't like this news. It's contrary to what I've known to be true. I won't make judgements one way or the other. I don't know what happened. I know that God has got this one handled, and I don't need to waste my time worrying about it. I know this. But I still cycle it through this head of mine.

My best attempt is to remember the good times, and what I know from my experience. When I was little, like kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades ....that's where I'm going with this. He would walk to my class as the bell rang, and fling my little pink backpack on over his shoulder. He'd scoop me up and put me on his shoulders and walk back to mom's classroom at the high school. He'd tell me silly stories and make me giggle and then run really fast down the corridor with me hanging on for dear life. Then I'd draw him little pictures like little girls do. Years later when he and his wife were getting some old boxes out of his parent's storage...was a box from long ago with all the little treasures that I'd drawn for him. Precious. He was the big brother I never had.

I am mentally taking him and his family and all those involved and placing them into the strong yet gentle hands of the Lord. May He guide them and comfort them. May the love of the Lord pour over each of them until they are saturated with His peace and holiness.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

In Jr. High I used to sit head down to the H.S. after school to my dad's office to restock the soda machines. Sometimes I would just sit there doing homework or whatever thing my dad needed. M would come by every day to say Hi. Sometimes he would sit and we would talk and talk and talk. It is hard to reconcile the person I know with the person the news is portraying. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who saw the good too. Praying with you.