Monday, June 23, 2008

Breath

She didn't make it. It NEVER crossed my mind that she wouldn't make it. I didn't find out until this morning. I wrote my blog last night and wrote about her. I didn't know she had already died. Maybe the death my soul was anticipating was this? That doesn't make me feel any better. The rest of my day was a blur. I know I was at work all day today, but it was mostly a waste of energy: trying to concentrate on a few simple tasks and not being able to do them---at all. There are some people who we meet in life and they are ok. Then there are people like she was. I am a better person because I knew her. Her joy and her smile and dedication and solidness as a human being was abundant and beautiful. I looked forward to work because she was there. She made it entertaining and full of life. Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. Enough with the fires and floods, the typhoons, and death. Can't we just bring it down a notch? I can't keep up. I don't want to be jaded or numb, but my little feelers are all felt out right now. I just need a chance to catch my breath. Breathing is good. And we never realize how important breath is until we're almost out.

No comments: