Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


Today is the day before thanksgiving. I LOVE thanksgiving. Love LOVE LOVE! I have such fond memories of Thanksgiving past. For years and years the entire clan (100+) of us would gather at my Dad's cousins' convent. Yes she is a nun, and would have a gigantic kitchen, living room and hall for us to gather in and spend the time together. All my aunts and uncles, all my cousins and extended family. And we were a pretty tame group. It was wonderful.

Times have changed. We haven't done that for many years. But this year Hubby and I get to host our OWN Thanksgiving dinner in our OWN new house for our little family, my dad, and Hubby's dad and family. We are super excited about this. Though I learned the hard way that I need to communicate my dinner intentions with Hubby before... oh well. I'm work in progress.

So today will be spent getting the house ready, cleaning, vacuuming, scrubbing, cooking, planning, decorating, preparing, baking...oh yes, and in 20 minutes Big Bebe and I are out the door to Stanford for an entire day of testing and doctor visits. Somehow by the grace of God alone I will make it through the next 2 days and be alive at the end.

I hope to instill in my kids (and anyone else willing to listen) that life IS hard. And despite that, it is still good and wonderful and there is SO MUCH to be thankful for. Our happiness comes from the Light within.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

You made me cry! I'm so amazed by you.