Sunday, November 23, 2008

Listen Up

Part of His gift to us, is providing us with the most amazing people in our lives. AMAZING. I have acquaintances and family and friends. And then there is small precious group that I can have complete conversations with, with just a look in the eyes. Sometimes less is more. My words and explanation can get in the way and muddle the meaning, but my eyes are a window to my soul and can tell the whole story. There are some people I can't look in the eyes, because then they'll know, whatever I'm trying to hide. Those are the same people that search me out when the time is right, and can tell in an instant by looking in my eyes, and the same for me for them. For when there are no more words to be said, the silence is beautiful. The eyes can tell the story, and the Spirit can hear.

No comments: