Saturday, October 4, 2008

Reunion Day

Today was my 10 year high school reunion at a local park. I'm still processing it all. It was GREAT to see so many people...so many faces of people I haven't seen since graduating. High school can be weird and awkward and catty. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all these folks all grown up. I never would have thought growing up that our class would produce such an exciting variety of professions! Really! I think I always just hoped I wouldn't trip walking across the senior lawn, didn't have a booger hanging on the end of my nose during class, hoped my friends would still like me even if I didn't get my driver's license right away. Funny how high school should have been preparing me (or I should have cared enough) for the life adventure ahead. But all I could see was what was right in front of me. Huh.

Our graduating class has:
3 PhD's
9 teachers
2 lawyers
1 medical social worker
1 civil engineer
1 professional dancer
2 RN's
1 Para jumper with special forces in the Air Force
2 Marines
1 paramedic
1 career fire fighter
1 Financial Services Supervisor
1 producer
1 electrician
1 Legislative advocate
1 Army soldier
1 chef
1 photographer
2 stay at home moms
1 musician
1 PR for Big Brothers Big Sisters
1 Moody Bible Institute student
2 Physical therapists
2 hair stylists
1 professional car mechanic on TV
1 Horse Shoe-er <-- I know there's a real name for that but don't remember what it is

.....and the list goes on.....

I don't think it ever crossed my mind that we would all end up growing up and making something of our lives that was more than the pettiness of high school. I'm so pleased to say that we have. WE HAVE collectively as a group forged a bond that only we know. That is a beautiful beautiful thing to have, and to have experienced today.

No comments: