Wednesday, June 10, 2009

For the Love of God...

...and the sanity of my friends who have been sooooo loyal and loving while listening to me gripe and whine... This blog is dedicated to the things that I love and appreciate and the things that make me happy today at this particular moment:

  1. My friends who can and will listen, will hug and will love, and will tell me when enough is enough

  2. Live music in small venues

  3. Anything mosaic

  4. Candle lit dinner with the family

  5. Pesto

  6. Little white lights

  7. Old photographs

  8. Thunder and Lightning

  9. Wake boarding

  10. Love notes, cards, emails, texts, post-its, you get the idea... words are powerful

  11. Mulberry candles

  12. Flip flops

  13. James' sweatshirts

  14. My thesaurus

  15. Mascara

  16. Men in uniform

  17. The Rodeo

  18. Those trinagle thingies they use to call the family in to dinner on a farm

  19. Long drives with no destination and really good music, bring on the tears!

  20. Apple-mango laundry detergent

  21. My Xanax

  22. My mickey mouse jammies, lovingly referred to as 'my mickies'

  23. Chocolate milk

  24. Riding horses

  25. True love stories

  26. Lame jokes that make me laugh but not necessarily anyone else

  27. Oregon chai tea latte with whipped cream

  28. Homemade banana bread

  29. Late night talks with really good friends

  30. And this little gem that I came across today:

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or pain. It means to be in the midst of these things and still be calm in your heart."

No comments: