- Big Bebe has had some appointments and procedures at LPCH the last few days
- She's a trooper
- Follow up in another 4 weeks for the next step, more to come...
- She turns 10 this Monday so we took this opportunity to have fun too in the midst of scary stuff
- We got a hotel room and are being princesses in big fluffy beds with so many pillows, too much tv, late night chocolate snacks and breakfast room service
- Oh and tomorrow we are getting pedicures
- BTW, today is my dad's bday. Before we left for this trip I left him a bday card with a print out of my blog: Hit Man. =) Love him, and I told him, in my own little quirky way.
- We've driven around and "shopped" for houses in this ridiculously affluent town...amazing!
- Became very fond of the door man, who refers to us as "sisters" 'cause we're so young and cute, eh? Ha. They must pay him well.
- Yesterday marked yet ANOTHER unexpected death in my little world. (Someone from work.) Why??? So many questions...
- Reading a new book: My Grandfather's Blessings: Stories of Strength, Refuge and Belonging by Rachel Naomi Remen MD. Some poeple know me so well, and know just what I need...
When Grandpa finished talking to God, he would turn to me and say, "Come,
Neshume-le." (Which means beloved little soul.) Then I would stand in front of
him and he would rest his hands lightly on the top of my head. He would begin by thanking God for me and for making him my grandpa. He would specifically mention my struggles during that week and tell God something about me that was true. Each week I would wait to find out what that was. If I had made mistakes during the week, he would mention my honesty in telling the truth. If I had failed, he would appreciate how hard I had tried. If I had taken even a short nap without my nightlight, he would celebrate my bravery in sleeping in the dark. Then he would give me his blessing and ask the long-ago women I knew from his many stories- Sarah, Rachel, Rebekah, and Leah- to watch over me.
What a very good reminder for me, and just when I need to be reminded. Hmmmm... and with that, I am off again to being with the princess and fluffing pillows... =)